The best place to begin!
Workshop 1 ~ The Art of Focusing
The introductory weekend gives you a good taste of Focusing and is enough to start practicing it in a way that suits you. You will learn about being the focuser, being the listener, and focusing on your own. The following ground is covered:-
- focusing on what you feel in your body
- Focusing steps 1: finding the felt sense in the body
- listening 1: giving attention & responding to the focuser
- understanding 'focusing', 'felt sense' and 'felt shift'
- using Focusing in real life
The group size is usually between 4 and 12. There are demonstrations, there are opportunities for each person to practice Focusing and listening, and there is plenty of time to discuss what happens. The atmosphere aims to be relaxed and supportive.
Having taken an introductory workshop, you can then learn more by practicing Focusing over time, reading some of the literature, and by attending further workshops if you wish - the Focusing Skills workshops are the logical next step.
Dates, cost and booking details are on the Workshops page.